Your mouth is an intelligent system made to work with every piece doing its part. When you’re missing a tooth, the empty spaces are more than unsightly; they can be dangerous. Your other teeth, your gums, and even the bones in your face rely on you having a full smile.
Enter: dental implants. Thanks to improved technology, you can replace a single tooth or a whole row of teeth quickly and effectively. Dental implants can improve your overall oral health and are now considered the gold standard in tooth replacement technology.
Dr. Todd at Cypress Springs Family Dentistry in Cypress would like to tell you more about them and how they can help protect your greatest asset and secure your smile!
How Do Dental Implants Work?
Teeth have even more going on under the surface of your gums than above. What you see when you look at your teeth is the hard, white crown. (See, you knew you must be royalty!) Then – like a plant – each tooth has a long root extending down into the jawbone.
Nearly 98% of implant treatments are successful, and healthy implants can last a lifetime when properly cared for. Dental implants are highly successful because they closely imitate your natural tooth in every way. Implant teeth have a top crown and a permanent root fixed into your jawbone—unlike traditional dental restorations that only replace the visible crown.
The Security of Dental Implants
The fact that dental implants are permanent and made to integrate perfectly into your mouth gives them the potential to benefit your overall health and wellness in many ways, such as:
- Implants prevent your other teeth from moving.
- Implants prevent your jawbone from deteriorating.
- Unlike ill-fitting restorations, implants alleviate pain and discomfort.
- Implants are cleaned and maintained using the same methods as natural teeth.
- Implants won’t break as natural teeth can.
- Implants are easier to floss between and clean than a removable bridge, making prevention of gum disease and bad breath a snap.
- Implants also make speaking, eating, and kissing easier so life is a lot more fun!
Should You Get Dental Implants?
Getting dental implants require that your gums and jaw are relatively healthy to start, and you must be committed to proper oral hygiene to maintain them so they last a lifetime. Only your Cypress dentist can tell you if implants are the best option for you. If you’re missing a tooth, don’t delay! Call us today and let’s get started on giving you a smile you can wear with security and confidence.